Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A slight change of environment!

So a lot has happened since I mused over ideas for a feasible website. First of all, it dawned on me, just how far behind I was in terms of technical prowess - creating and maintaining the back-end server-side aspects like a database for a listings site, etc. Then of course, what I least expected happened. The people interested in the multi-cultural events tracker website project, dropped out. So I was kind of left standing on my own.

But then, another potential web project caught my attention just in time. Ciara, is doing a cross-faculty subject in Environmental Studies. And her proposal is for a website that caters to the cause of the Environment. At first glance, I think it is perhaps too broad and too vague. But the more I think about it, the more I realise the potential it has in terms of content, provided the scope and target audience are well defined. This I think will in turn influence the site’s navigation, site map and the site’s dialogue with competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment